Our mission, culture and tenets
Our Mission statement is as follows:
- To provide world class martial arts coaching using the most modern techniques
We at, White Crane Kung Fu and Tai Chi, strive to coach and teach in the most open and actively future oriented way possible, placing the needs of the students as paramount in the goal of succeeding as a martial artist. Some martial art teachers may be more interested in their own ego and dominance over students than in the people they teach. They may think of their students as cannon fodder until they reach a certain standard. This goes against all that martial arts is about – cultivating the best out of the practitioner. In fact, the martial artist who allows himself or herself to be taught and disciplined must know that their coach has their best interest at heart. In the Art of War, Sun Tzu writes “The Commander stands for the virtues of wisdom, sincerity, benevolence, courage and strictness”.
- To value all students equally
- To be an unreasonable friend in achieving goals
- To teach and lead using the most up-to-date methods
- To engender integrity, persistence, self-respect and ethical moral values in all aspects of our teaching.
- To enable children to train in a child-friendly, safe, fun and empowering atmosphere.
- Respect – pride